Monday, July 30, 2012

Stone Street

Now available, the first ever episode of Stone Street, the new series of podcasts on which I've started work here at Embassy Vilnius.  As the website says,
Every week, in its new series of podcasts called "Stone Street" the U.S. Embassy in Vilnius will explore life in Lithuania, America and the spaces in between through interviews with prominent and interesting people.
The first episode, at the link above, is an interview with Aistė Ptakauskė, a Lithuanian writer/translator/director/producer of novels, plays, screenplays, and television series.  Aistė is currently the head writer for the Lithuanian television production group Videometra.  She received a master's degree from the Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University, and was awarded a residency at the Banff International Literary Translation Center for the translation of the novel 'Beautiful Losers', by renowned singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen.

So far, in addition to the interview with Aistė, I've got two more of these interviews in the can (as they say), and am looking forward to as many more as we can possibly do.  Obviously they're aimed at Lithuanian, American, Eastern-European, Post-Soviet, etc. sorts of audiences, but I hope and think they'll be rich enough to be meaningful for any curious listener.  So please do subscribe to the podcasts if you're able, and enjoy.  Let us know what you think, and tell us about any technical issues you may have, in the comments section.  Happy listening.

2 comments:

  1. Hey bud. You're friendly tech adviser here. For those using iTunes (which I only begrudgingly use because of its ubiquity, not for its quality!), I think it would help a great deal to make subscribing easier for folks. You probably want to create an iTunes button on your site similar to what's described in this article (rather than the "advanced method" which can throw off non-techy folks):

    http://podcast.njit.edu/help/subscribe.php

    Let me know if you need help :) And if I jumped the gun and simply missed your implementation on the website, I apologize...I live in the internet age and don't spend more than 5 seconds reading a web page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John,

    I knew I could count on you, man! I will pass your suggestion along to our tech guy who's implementing all this. You should know me well enough to know that I know nothing about all this. Although I am learning how to use audio editing software, so look out!

    ReplyDelete